Workplace Peri and Menopause Policy
Your one stop shop to becoming menopause friendly at work
Your path to a best practice Peri and Menopause inclusive workplace?
As the whole topic of Peri and Menopause is losing its taboo status, more and more firms are creating Menopause in the Workplace policies. They recognise that this will lead to:
- Improved retention of midlife women
- Reduced absenteeism and sick leave
- Improved morale in the workplace
- Fewer workplace legal risks
Showing up for midlife women is a win-win.
It is important in formulating your Menopause in the Workplace policy that you strike the right balance of;
- The latest best practice
- Not alienating or discriminating against older female workers by making assumptions around their work capability
- Helping to create an inclusive workplace by talking openly about the subject at work
Don’t Sweat It combines menopause in the workplace best practice and a top employment legal team
Menopause in the workplace according to best practice
Having a specific Peri and Menopause workplace policy re-enforces the organisation’s commitment to acknowledging that midlife women are valued and that Peri and Menopause is a workplace issue. A workplace Peri and Menopause policy is a set of guidelines, procedures, and support systems that an organisation puts in place to help employees who are experiencing Peri and Menopause.
Peri and Menopause can cause a variety of physical and emotional symptoms that can impact an employee’s ability to perform their job effectively, and may even lead to prolonged absences or reduced productivity.
Organisations that make workplaces more Peri and Menopause inclusive are better able to attract and retain skilled, capable staff. Peri and Menopause is both a gender and age-equity issue and remains one of the last taboos in workplaces.
Having a specific Peri and Menopause workplace policy re-enforces the organisation’s commitment to midlife women.
Best practice Peri and Menopause in the Workplace policies include;
- Acknowledgement at board and senior executive level. It is critical that a clear statement is issued from the senior leadership team and board that recognises that midlife women are valued and that Peri and Menopause is a workplace issue.
- Awareness raising. It is critically important to raise awareness among the entire workforce of any organisation, including senior management and supervisors. This is critical for removing stigma and for encouraging women to seek help and support.
- Addressing the physical environment. Access to fans, temperature control, cool water, sanitary products in the bathrooms, uniform flexibility and easy access to bathrooms will improve conditions for women with the symptoms of Peri & Menopause. Where possible allow symptomatic women to work from home.
- Creating safe spaces for communication. Feeling safe to speak to work colleagues about Peri and Menopause symptoms will encourage women to come forward and seek help, rather than wait until their symptoms are unbearable and quit.
Understanding the legal implications of writing your Peri and Menopause workplace policy is a great starting point.
Being familiar with the best practice approach to managing peri and menopause in the workplace also helps.
Dr Ginni and Shelly and our team of employment lawyers will ensure your workplace is at the cutting edge.
We can help you get your Peri and Menopause workplace policy up and running, ensuring it is fit for purpose and up to date with best practice thinking. We have a team of employment lawyers who can create a Peri and Menopause workplace policy for you from scratch or simply offer consulting.
A workplace Peri and Menopause policy can benefit both employees and employers by promoting a healthy and supportive work environment that values the wellbeing of all employees.
A Peri and Menopause workplace policy can help make employees feel supported and valued. It creates a culture of inclusivity, diversity, and equality.
It also helps retain staff and reduce recruitment costs.
In our increasingly litigious society, a Peri and Menopause policy can also assist combat the increasing number of claims for menopause-related discrimination and unfair dismissal cases.
Are you in menopause hell?
Simple workplace tweaks will improve performance
and increase employee satisfaction. Let us show you the ropes!